POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : object import : Re: object import Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: object import
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 3 Mar 1999 15:42:07
Message: <36dd9e9f.0@news.povray.org>
John Holcomb schrieb in Nachricht <36DD8C2B.50799980@usa.net>...
>ooooky dooky, now I got my logo into moray, but the render is not very
>smooth, what am I missing?  I've tried a few things and the edges are still
>rather....choppy.  anyone that can help is appreciated:)

This is true. If you have a two color image only, you will see the single
pixels very clearly. The only way to avoid this is using a very high
resolution scan of the logo. But even then you might see some rough edges,
I'm afraid.

I tried the same with a very high resolution render of a text. It still
looked rather "choppy".

I think you'd better re-create the image using a prism in POV-Ray. This
would do the trick. Or use the SpilinEditor
(http://www.flash.it/users/fn027571/spil/index.htm) to make a nice prism.
This editor is really ideal for this purpose, IMHO.

--
Rudy Velthuis