POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Inverse Kinematics, etc.... : Re: Inverse Kinematics, etc.... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:26:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inverse Kinematics, etc....
From: Anders Haglund
Date: 3 Mar 1999 09:09:44
Message: <36dd42a8.0@news.povray.org>
Anthony Bennett wrote: <36D1DB4A.C76B99E1@panama.phoenix.net>...
>Hello all. I found this great (or so I think) page that explains how to
>model all kinds of real world events; string, cloth, gel, spherical
>heighfields, fire, water, wu particles, etc. etc. I wanted to translate
>the pseudo code to POV, but I found myself unable to do so. I kinda
>wanted to surprise everybody with, I dunno, maybe a macro or something
>for cloth and string at least. I am submitting the link for all those
>advanced enough to actually make something out of this, unlike me.
>Enjoy. =)
>
>        http://freespace.virgin.net/hugo.elias/

Yeah, the page is pretty cool, but I only think so because I'm a coder. Not
much of the things there can be done in povray, most of it are for real-time
applications. The pages about cloth and that stuff is not about the actual
texture. it's more about how cloth and other soft objects folds and moves.
I will how ever try to do a povray macro for producing the spherical
heightmaps. Shouldn't be too hard.

/Anders