POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Screenshot : Re: Screenshot Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Screenshot
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 3 Mar 1999 06:48:05
Message: <36dd2175.0@news.povray.org>
Spider schrieb in Nachricht <36DC5828.9DED96AA@bahnhof.se>...
>> If not for Emulator, what does the E in Wine stand for? <g>
>I think they missed the h there somewhere *smile* W(h)ine

Heheh.

But seriously, I think we do them wrong. I think a conversion of (I
suppose - a large part of) the Win32 API as a layer on top of Linux, and
even such, that you can run unmodified Win32 executables like POV-Ray (even
with it's CMax editor dll), is really an effort I applaude to! The people
who did that have my deepest respect!

But the fact remains, IMHO it is still an emulator. This is not a
denigrating word, in my opinion, just a fact.

--
Rudy Velthuis