POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Using calls to rand() : Using calls to rand() Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:32:21 EDT (-0400)
  Using calls to rand()
From: Jeremy
Date: 28 Feb 1999 09:14:52
Message: <36d94f5c.0@news.povray.org>
Hi - I'm trying to create a "space" scene containing (obviously) stars.  What I am
trying to do is to set up all the individual stars using calls to rand() Eg: sphere {
<rand(r1),80,rand(r2)>, 0.1 } where r1 and r2 are two different seeded values.
Unfortunately, Pov-ray isn't being very cooperative, and I don't know any formulas
offhand which can give me a nice random starfield between x:(-8;26) and z(-18;2), y
probably constant at 80.  If anyone could mail me any hints or fragments of code to
try out, I
wwould be much obliged.  If this is the wrong place to post this, please tell me and
I'll post it somewhere else :-) Jeremy