POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Render started from within Moray about 20% slower than possible : Re: Render started from within Moray about 20% slower than possible Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:29:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render started from within Moray about 20% slower than possible
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 27 Feb 1999 10:32:11
Message: <36d80f93.1423496@194.174.214.110>
Hi smb, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> I just found out per chance, as I wouldn't have guessed, that POV
> does start about the slowest render possible, when triggered by Moray.
> I took 3 different scenes in the range of 10sec. to 22sec. rendertime.
> Switched off render to backdrop.
You did use the INI file that Moray generates for that file, right?
I've had people wonder why POV was slower/faster when started with
Alt-G only to realize that they had the POV file loaded. This makes
POV render with the currently active settings, instead of the ones
when Moray is loaded.

As long as Moray (or any other program that uses a GUI extension to
get at pixels) is loaded, POV-Ray sends rendered pixels to it and thus
will be slower.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray