POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Worn metal texture (again) : Re: Worn metal texture (again) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:12:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worn metal texture (again)
From: Fabien Hénon
Date: 21 Feb 1999 13:16:31
Message: <36d04d7f.0@news.povray.org>
Hi !
That looks very realistic to me. Yet I have one remark to do : The rusty
patches have the same specularity and shinyness as the not worn one. Rust is
not specular and not reflective. You should add a layer especially for the
rust and set the proper finish statement to it.
One more thing, I would add more bumps to it.

But granted, I am getting pernickety because you picture is great !