POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Inspired too... (80 k) : Re: Inspired too... (80 k) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:12:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inspired too... (80 k)
From: ingo
Date: 20 Feb 1999 18:13:57
Message: <36cf41b5.0@news.povray.org>
WOOWwwwwwwwww, ....

I, .....

I am, ....

....... flabbergasted.

This is what I've been looking for one the net the last months.
I have my computer, internet connection and POV-Ray since august/september
1998. Since then, I've been looking for all kinds of computer (generated)
graphics. Most of what I've found are pictures made with computers that
imitate techniques of painting, airbrush, photography (lensflare) etc. The
most striking example is the packaging of some products by Corel, the
airbrushed portrait done on a computer. Why not use airbrush then? Even
worse, take a picture, use a van Gogh photoshop-filter and call it art!!
I see lots of photorealism, hyper realism, fiction & fantasy,  magic
realism, surrealism and copies of video-art. I've yet seen no art-movements
/ forms /expressions so far that have evolved specific "image-languages"
based on/ inspired by computer techniques. Where is the avant garde??

Or do I want things to happen to quick. How old are computergraphics?
I know in the early days of fotography, the fotographers copied the
painters. Later the painters started copying the photographers (focal blurr
and movement, futurism).
In the 1920's things started to change (Man Ray), photography became an art
form.

Sorry, had to get this out of my system,
ingo
--
Met dank aan de muze met het glazen oog.

.