POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Before and After... : Re: Before and After... Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:10:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Before and After...
From: Dave
Date: 20 Feb 1999 02:26:01
Message: <36ce6389.0@news.povray.org>
Josh English wrote in message <36CD8909.A3DBC9DA@spiritone.com>...
>If I wanted a Salvador Dali chess set I would have asked for one! No,
>seriously, this is great. This is a fun piece of work. The viewing angle is
>bit strange, but I've been having all sorts of trouble finding a way to
show
>all the pieces of a chess set decently...
>
>I'd love to see the source to this one.

Sure thing... never had anyone ask to see MY source before...

I'm attaching it zipped... it's split up into several .inc files.

The pieces were all created using "SpilinEditor" and exported as .inc files.

I used Chris Colefax's "bend.inc"  to bend 2 of the pieces in the melted
version.

The board was borrowed from an animation I never finished of a checker
game... (I'm still working on it little by little... maybe when I'm done
I'll post it to the binaries.animation group...)  It was modeled in Moray
out of sheer laziness.  The texture was made in moray's texture editor too.

The blobs were all modeled with "Blobs.exe" which I like but I don't like
the fact that there's no non-uniform scaling of the blob components so I had
to scale them after they were exported.

I used arrays for the first time ever, and am now wondering how I ever got
along without them.  (Used an array to place the pieces)

Hmm... anything else I should mention?... Oh, to render the "melted"
version, you have to use a clock value of 2... any other value will (i'm
pretty sure) render the "shiny" version.