POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : POV -> POB : Re: POV -> POB Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:30:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV -> POB
From: Philip Cowley
Date: 18 Feb 1999 05:13:57
Message: <36cbe7e5.0@news.povray.org>
>> How do I convert a POV file to POB format... I have a couple of REALLY
nice
>> POV/INC (Version 3.02) files that I would really like to use in Moray...
>> know that Moray will import POB files...

I have finally managed to convert the object... by doing the following...

1) Manually editing the files to conform to POV2.2 syntax in the following
way...
1.1) Remove all #while loops
1.2) Add commas in primitives
1.3) Expand some maths expressions (POV2.2 doesnt like "6.4-.5" )
2) Convert POV files to MDL files using POV2MDL.EXE
3) Rebuild parts of model lost in step 1

Time spent... 3 hours
Original modelling time... 2 weeks

So far I have most of my original model... I have a lot of work still to do
to get things like the textures to work properly, but so far so good...

Rarius