POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Desk Tidy - My 1st Image : Re: Desk Tidy - My 1st Image - Updated (94k) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:12:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desk Tidy - My 1st Image - Updated (94k)
From: Peter Houston
Date: 12 Feb 1999 15:39:59
Message: <36c4919f.0@news.povray.org>
There is a ripples normal on the tape, but it seemed to have vanished in JPG
conversion.  This latest version should be a bit better, I have alo changed
the lighting slightly and added a bit of reflection to the Plastic Tidy,
I'll have to tru the ripple effect on the book, thanks for the response.
BTW this desk IS tidy, you should see the one I'm sitting at :)

Peter H.

>For a beginner I think you have a pretty good grasp of the fundamentals.
>As far as suggestions I recommend trying a ripples normal with a high
>frequency on the roll of tape. It might give the impression of multiple
>layers. The same could be done to the edges of the books with a gradient
>normal to make it look more like individual pages. Other than that I don't
>think you need to many more suggestions because it looks well thought
>out and well executed. I would suggest to the owner of the desk to use
>his/her desk tidy a bit more instead of littering the desk top :)
>

>--
>Ken Tyler
>
>mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message