POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Native TAR archive support in POV : Re: Native TAR archive support in POV Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:29:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Native TAR archive support in POV
From: Ron Parker
Date: 11 Feb 1999 15:30:16
Message: <36c33dd8.0@news.povray.org>
On 11 Feb 1999 15:06:30 -0500, Nieminen Mika <war### [at] cctutfi> wrote:
>"Nigel Stewart" <nigels> wrote:
>:     There is a bit of a catch though, to put files in a subdirectory,
>:     each pov/inc needs to look for "galaxy/galaxy.inc" rather than
>:     just for "galaxy.inc".  It's my thought that POV should also
>:     search the directory of the _current file_ to more easily
>:     support this kind of modularisation.
>
>POV-Ray looks for files in the current directory. If it does not find a
>file it needs it looks in various other library directories which you
>specify.

There's a difference between "directory of the current file" and
"current directory".  If I have this directory structure:

 .:
 -rw-------  foo.pov
 drwx------  Includes/

 Includes:
 -rw-------  bar.inc
 -rw-------  baz.inc

and foo.pov #includes "Includes/bar.inc" and bar.inc #includes
"baz.inc", it would be nice if POV would first look in the
directory in which bar.inc resides (i.e. ./Includes/) when looking
for baz.inc.  I believe this is how my C compiler does it, except
that it probably doesn't look in ./ at all.