POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : feature/plugin request : Re: feature/plugin request Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: feature/plugin request
From: Twyst
Date: 10 Feb 1999 21:11:27
Message: <36c23c4f.0@news.povray.org>
there IS a C++ Class library that will parse pov-ray 3.0 files.

It can be found at:
http://www9.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~cnvogelg/pov2rib/index.html

libParPov Features:

supports scene syntax from version 1 to 3
handles all #-commands including #while, #if, #switch
supports all known geometry (finite & infinite solids, finite patches, CSG
containers, references)
all kinds of textures with all components (pigment, normal, finish, halo)
environment features are supported (fog, sky_sphere, background, atmosphere,
rainbow)
handle complex numerical and string expressions with functions and operators
introduced in version 2 and 3
to sum up: I tried to include all features described in the POV Reference
Manual of version 3!!

povray.doc -- An engaging tale about a spanish guy named Manual.