POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Feature/plugin Request .... : Re: Feature/plugin Request .... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:28:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature/plugin Request ....
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 10 Feb 1999 14:16:21
Message: <36c1db05.0@news.povray.org>
Twyst schrieb in Nachricht <36c1c038.0@news.povray.org>...
>How about cylinders/cubes/cones that you can define the endpoints of,
>instead of having to rotate & scale them?
>I can see a plugin that has just these normal primitives, but with a
numeric
>entry :
>
>Cube - enter x1,y1,z1 and x2,y2,z2
>Cylinder - enter x1,y1,z1 ,  x2,y2,z2  , radius
>Cone - enter x1,y1,z1 ,  x2,y2,z2  , radius1, radius2
>

>It would make life MUCH simpler, as well as make cleaner code than taking a
>unit cylinder and scaling/rotating/translating.

YES! It would really make life simpler. Especially, if you want to use the
cylinders to define blobs. If you enlarge a unit cylinder (esp. if you
elongate it), the rounded edges of the blob cylinder will we elongated too.
This is not the desired effect.

But they would have to be real cylinders, not converted to
translated/rotated/scaled cylinders after all (but I don't know if a plugin
can do this).

I've had a look at the C++ code for Moray plugins, but I'm lost with the
VC/MFC objects. If I'd only have the definition of the MFC class CObject,
I'd be able to translate the MFC C++ headers to Delphi32 (yes, this is
possible) and create any kind of plugin desired.

--
Rudy Velthuis