POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Native TAR archive support in POV : Re: Native TAR archive support in POV Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:28:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Native TAR archive support in POV
From: Nigel Stewart
Date: 10 Feb 1999 08:34:29
Message: <36c18ae5.0@news.povray.org>
>>BTW, how does tar (gpl'd I think) get along with POV license-wise?

As Ron Parker suggests, TAR is simple enough that the parsing code
is pretty simple.  My licencing terms are even lefter than GPL - basically
no restrictions at all - Pov team can treat my work as they see fit.

I've used C++, which may be an issue - But I'm working in a
experimental/prototype mindset - I'll surrender STL only
for a real good reason.. :-)