POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : New User having problems with cameras : New User having problems with cameras Server Time
6 Sep 2024 04:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  New User having problems with cameras
From: Colin Plummer
Date: 10 Feb 1999 07:20:53
Message: <36c179a5.0@news.povray.org>
Hi
  I'm new to Povray (although not to graphics in general) and am
having some problems.
  I've got a nice mesh created and am now trying to view it from a
variety of different angles.

  There is a 'ground' set up in the z=0 plane, and all the objects
have positive z.

  I used a camera at
 location <0, -264, 5 >
 look_at <0,10,0>

and everything was the right way up.

  The reverse angle shot
  location <0, 264, 5 >
  look_at <0, -10, 0 >

appears upside-down, and anything that I do with the up attribute doesn't
seem to make a difference

any hints?

Thanks

Colin Plummer *frustrated*