POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HF behavior (2 images) 127Kb : Windless - 44Kb (forgive jpeg compression) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Windless - 44Kb (forgive jpeg compression)
From: GrimDude
Date: 9 Feb 1999 02:44:52
Message: <36bfe774.0@news.povray.org>
Heh, I'm willing to share.

  I used an algorithmic approach to lay the bricks (kinda random, but still
a little linear). The water is merely an hf_gray_16 generated hf with the
properties of water, and a plane with the same properties. I added a media
type Sun. As you pointed out I needed to adjust the reflection_exponent and
I also added phong highlighting to really help bring out the sun.
  I used two files to do this, but I'm convinced it could be done in a
single file. Certainly, the way I coded the hf tga selection for each frame
could be better written.
  Write me and I'll email you the code, or if someone else requests it I'll
post it on text scenes.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Windless.jpg' (44 KB)