POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Parse storage. : Re: Parse storage. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parse storage.
From: Nigel Stewart
Date: 8 Feb 1999 07:52:48
Message: <36bede20.0@news.povray.org>
Some IMP discussion towards fast "Syntax Check"...

> Problem 1 - Determine the minimal fileset required
> for a particular povray command line, or INI file.

 Some initial hacking indicates it's reasonably
 easy to put POV into 'makedepend' mode.  I also
 found that I could bypass the code that reads
 in image files, which is a common parsing
 bottleneck.  Another bottleneck I'd like to
 look at is mesh.

 Macros are the other problem area I can think
 of.  Any others?

Test Script A
                         Files in RAM
Parse          15 sec      11 sec