POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: IRTC Image : Re: IRTC Image Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:13:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Image
From: Dave
Date: 7 Feb 1999 02:04:45
Message: <36bd3b0d.0@news.povray.org>

>Reason for the 450 line end/begin-again has to do with the optical illusion
>and shadowing. The picture is not really as seen after all, and in 3D is as
>impossible as it would be in reality were it not for a 2D illusion (or is
it
>3D illusion turned into 2D... eh, whatever).

so that's how he did it...  I was wondering how such a thing could be
modeled...  try to follow the path the water takes as it flows
uphill...(just saying that sounds weird)... it leaves the water wheel,
continuesa distance back, then turns at a seeming right angle, but appears
to end up back directly over the water wheel... physically impossible in the
real world, and I wondered how it was possible to get pov-ray to do that.
It be like walking ten feet due north, then ten feet due west, and ending up
where you started.

Very puzzling image... I love it :)