POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Space Needle (gamma correction) : Re: Space Needle (gamma correction) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:14:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Space Needle (gamma correction)
From: Jerry Anning
Date: 6 Feb 1999 16:48:50
Message: <36bcb8c2.0@news.povray.org>
The Space Needle image is coming along nicely.  However, your "gamma
 adjustment" idea doesn't really work.  All of the sample colors you
 show are at corners of the color cube.  They consist of ones and
 zeroes only.  This means that gamma correction will *not* affect them
 at all.  If you want to include such samples, use, say 50% red, gray etc.
 I would suggest, however, that you simply report the display_gamma that
 you rendered to (not the assumed_gamma) in the text.  This way you do not
 mar your image and viewers with gamma adjustment ability can directly make
 the needed adjustment.  Apologies if the format of this post is bad.  This
 is my first post with a new news client and I am still ironing out the
 config.

 Jerry Anning
 cle### [at] dholcom