POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : url to homewardbound2.jpg : Re: url to homewardbound2.jpg Server Time
5 Oct 2024 07:13:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: url to homewardbound2.jpg
From: GrimDude
Date: 5 Feb 1999 01:12:32
Message: <36ba8bd0.0@news.povray.org>
Focal blur is tricky alright. Plus, there is allegedly an error in the
code that extends the rendering time a little.
  I like to use an aperture between .017 and .035, but that is something
that depends heavily (if I recall corectly) on the depth of the scene. Blur
samples are important too, but I've seldom had to go over 35, or so.
  One thing I've noticed, and contrary to a lot of suggestions in other
threads, is the use of standard aliasing. With focal blur your aliasing
settings are ignored, but in an animation focal blur will help keep the
jitters down (aliasing artifacts between frames). I almost never do an
animation without it.

Well, my .02 and only worth the bandwidth it's on at that.

Keep up the good work.

GrimDude
vos### [at] arkansasnet