POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Minimal 'n' Magical (JPG 64Kb) : Re: Minimal 'n' Magical (JPG 64Kb) Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minimal 'n' Magical (JPG 64Kb)
From: Equiprawn
Date: 3 Feb 1999 17:35:54
Message: <36b8cf4a.0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

The radiosity/media problem seems to be a limitation of Povray.  See the
thread "Radiosity & Media ??????????" for more information on this. A
possible workaround for this would be to do two renders. One with radiosity
and media turned off. The second render would have media, no radiosity, and
all the object textures set to flat black (rgb 0 ambient 0). Then using an
image editing package (such as Adobe Photoshop, or I think Paint Shop Pro
might be able to do it) you merge the two images, using the media render as
an additive transparency layer (not sure what the PSP terminology is -
anyone who has used PSP to do this, maybe you could post the exact method?).
This would achieve nearly exactly the same results. If you can't do this
yourself, then send me the two images, and I'll do it for you.

Equiprawn