POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: A box with no lights. : Re: A box with no lights. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A box with no lights.
From: Ron Parker
Date: 3 Feb 1999 15:53:03
Message: <36b8b72f.0@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 03 Feb 1999 20:40:24 GMT, Steve <hor### [at] osuedu> wrote:
>I'm an old DOS programmer, admittedly.   POV is a Win95 app.  I'm not very
>confident when programming windows apps.  For one thing, I'm not sure about
>how to use POV_Alloc().  I need to get the amount of free extended memory too.
>This would mean more than just writing the code. I need to learn the details
>of Win-Apps.  And I also need to become comfortable with Borland 5.0, meaning,
>a book on it would be nice.  This is why patches written by me aren't
>springing up in binaries.programming

You do realize, surely, that POV is not a Win95 app.  There is a DOS
version of the source code, and the parts you're talking about
changing are generic in any event.  But why do you need the amount of
free memory?  The rest of POV just assumes that it can allocate whatever
it needs until it fails to do so.