POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Real Bowling Lane (kind of) ~54Kb : Re: Real Bowling Lane (kind of) ~54Kb Server Time
5 Oct 2024 07:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real Bowling Lane (kind of) ~54Kb
From: Lance Birch
Date: 2 Feb 1999 04:56:32
Message: <36b6cbd0.0@news.povray.org>
Just out of interest, on the MAX World Creating Toolkit CD there is a really
cool bowling lane.  The thing that's so cool about it is that it has been
dynamically solved.  It's an animation of the ball hitting the pins and
knocking them over.  It looks really good, it uses MAX's dynamics solver to
get a perfect representation of the motion, collisions and energy transfer.
You might want to try this with AERO for POV-Ray, I hear it's pretty good.
I think it might be Linux only though.  Worth a go though.

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone