POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: homeward bound 2 : Re: homeward bound 2 Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: homeward bound 2
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 30 Jan 1999 18:58:43
Message: <36b39cb3.0@news.povray.org>
Scott McDonald heeft geschreven in bericht
<36B399FF.80D7B8DE@metrolink.com>...
>ok, i added the rock that caused the problems (still working on it) and
>grunged up the intrepid explorer.

It certainly looks better than the previous version (the shadow on the
mountains indeed looked bad).  A few comments: I think the rocket looks a
bit toy-like.  And the sky looks a bit flat.  The clouds should be smaller,
and there should be a gradient towards the horizon.

Well, I should speak...  I never finish a scene.  When I get to the details,
I quit.  I think I'm too lazy to do raytracing (that's why I let the
computer raytrace ;-).  No, just kidding.  My most detailed model was the
Millennium Falcon: it's still not finished because I haven't worked on it
since August 1998.  Wonder what this has to do with your image...  I think
it's just getting a bit late here : it's 1 AM in the morning (yes, I know
that's the twice the same).

ZK