POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Real Bowling Lane (kind of) ~54Kb : Re: Real Bowling Lane (kind of) ~54Kb Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real Bowling Lane (kind of) ~54Kb
From: GrimDude
Date: 30 Jan 1999 09:11:26
Message: <36b3130e.0@news.povray.org>
Yeah. Oops! I accidently posted an image with post-processing (motion blur).
Sorry.

I sketched the outline of the pins on paper, until I got a believable shape.
Then I plotted out a few points for a sor object. The dents and mars were,
well..., textures. :) I did go to the trouble of plotting random
translations to the textures, before applying them to the individual pins. I
think I got a nice variation that way. Oh, and the pin 'decals' were
generated with pov too.

I would like to see your lane texture. My approach was to use a modified
brick, heh.

GrimDude
vos### [at] arkansasnet