POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fossil : Re: Fossil Server Time
5 Oct 2024 03:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fossil
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 28 Jan 1999 15:26:51
Message: <36b0bf64.2013074@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 20:20:31 -0500, Buke <buk### [at] igloucom> wrote:

>This pic is one I've had around for a while and keep adding new stuff to
>it now and then. The rock is a 400x400 gforge tga copied rotate and
>scale many times. Then snail (anonite?) is a form demo scene object
>tweaked a bit. The doodle is a scanned doodle. The rest of the objects
>done in Moray. Comments welcome.
>                                   Buke

I like the rock, but the Ammonite has the consistency of a plastic
land drain.  Ken has already commented on one possibility for a
texture, but another  very acceptable texture would be golden
(irridescent) if possible. Very often fossils such as ammonites are
preserved as pyrites and have a beautiful golden sheen when first
extracted fromn the rock matrix.  Of course this soon tarnishes, but
not in a Povray teture - I hope!

David
dav### [at] cwcomnet
http://www.hamiltonite.mcmail.com