POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Twiste objects include file, some pre-release examples (108k pre-UU) (0/1) : Twiste objects include file, some pre-release examples (108k pre-UU) (0/1) Server Time
5 Oct 2024 03:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Twiste objects include file, some pre-release examples (108k pre-UU) (0/1)
From: Peter Popov
Date: 26 Jan 1999 23:45:58
Message: <36af967a.30036771@news.povray.org>
Here're some examples of a "twister" include file I'm doing (actually,
just converted it from my old 3.0 sources I found on a CD). Currently,
all main functions are harmonic oscillators, so you can control the
amplitude, frequency and phase of: twister density, x_ and z_ radii,
and thickness. The .inc features uv mapping (memory intensive) so that
it will align any +y oriented texture along the twister (see the wood
example), as well as texture twisting around the axis of the object..

The files:
twister1.jpg - a very simple example of a twister, with u-v mapping.
Jpeg ate away most of the blue, but it's not a big pain

twister2.jpg - snake coiled around a twisted branch (kidding) - the
wood is uv mapped, and the crackle is not. x_ and z_ radii as well as
density are varied here

twister3.jpg - a worm? Additionally, thickness is varied here as well.
Some artefacts show up that I haven't yet figured the source of, but I
guess it's the small epsilon (each 'ridge' of the worm contains 50+
csg's)

To be posted soon... twister.inc

Peter