POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Pov problems : Re: Pov problems Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:30:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov problems
From: Ron Parker
Date: 27 Jan 1999 09:12:34
Message: <36af1ed2.0@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 03:14:09 -0500, Psychomek <psy### [at] appliednet> wrote:
>> It's probably choking on the file size. I have had many problems
>> with pov and file sizes exceeding 10 - 15 megs.
>
>But i downloaded Superpatch and it worked.... go figure

Well, that would explain why I couldn't get your scene to
crash when you sent it to me the other night. :)  It's
probably just a compiler issue - VC++ 6 probably does memory
management differently.

BTW, you'll still want to go into that massive .inc file and
turn the unions of smooth triangles into meshes, if you can.
I'll bet that cuts down on the memory usage, since it won't
duplicate the textures for each face.