POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lighthouse Scene : Re: Lighthouse Scene Server Time
5 Oct 2024 09:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighthouse Scene
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 27 Jan 1999 07:59:09
Message: <36af0d9d.0@news.povray.org>
Darcy Johnston schrieb in Nachricht <36ae5511.0@news.povray.org>...
>Johannes Hubert wrote in message <36adbd1f.0@news.povray.org>...
>>I like the image, but I wonder about two things:
>>
>>The lighthouse seems to be leaning a little bit to the right. Is that how
>it
>>should be? Or is it my monitor? Or my eyes??
>
>I think its the perspective. I thought I saw that as well, but figured it
>was just me. Now that at least one other person has seen it, I'll pay more
>attention to it.

I've seen this too. In fact it was the first thing I noticed. If you load
the picture into a graphics program (Paint Shop will do), you can even
measure it: just take the base points and draw lines to the top of the light
house. It is leaning towards the right side of the picture.

I've cut out the part, where you can really see it is leaning (attached). Is
the beach anywhere in Italy? <g>.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tower.jpg' (4 KB)