POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Need Help With Radiosity : Need Help With Radiosity Server Time
5 Oct 2024 03:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Need Help With Radiosity
From: Eric Freeman
Date: 25 Jan 1999 20:38:54
Message: <36ad1cae.0@news.povray.org>
Hey All,

The subject sez it all.  I've been working on this scene and somebody here
suggested it could be a good candidate for radiosity.  I've tweaked and
tweaked, trying settings using both common sense and just randomly changing
them (I even read the manual!!!), and can't get good results.  Most images
just look brighter than it would be without radiosity.  A few times I have
gotten patches of blue all over the brick wall, but what I want is just a
blue tint along the bottom of the brick wall.  Following are a couple of
pics and what I hope will be enough info for someone who knows radiosity to
help me.

THE GLOBAL SETTINGS

#if (RadiosityOn = 1)
  global_settings {
    ambient_light 1.3
    radiosity {
      brightness 3.3
      count 200
      nearest_count 8
      gray_threshold 0
      low_error_factor 0.8
      recursion_limit 2
      minimum_reuse .02
      error_bound .28
      distance_maximum 100
    }
  }
#end

THE FLOOR FINISH

#declare FloorFinish = finish {
  ambient 0.30  (when I increase this the floor gets brighter, but I still
don't get a good blue tint on the wall.)
  brilliance 3
  diffuse 0.4
  specular 0.70
  roughness 1/60
  reflection 0.14
}

THE LIGHT SETTINGS

#declare SqY = 16;
#declare TablHite = SqY*2;
#declare LiteTrans = 100;
#declare LiteX = 42;
#declare LiteY = 30;
#declare LiteBrite = White*1.0;
light_source {
  < 0, 0, 0>
  color LiteBrite
  #if (ImageQ = 1)
    area_light <5,0,0>, <5,0,0>, 5, 5
    adaptive 1
    jitter
    fade_distance LiteTrans+71
    fade_power 3
  #end
  translate <0,0,-LiteTrans>
  rotate x*LiteX
  rotate y*LiteY
  translate <0,TablHite,0>
}

The brick wall is on the x-y plane where z = 70.

The bookcase is on the y-z plane where x = 160.

I hope this is enough info.

Thanks,

Eric

--
"Truth derives its strength not so much from itself
as from the brilliant contrast it makes with what is

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rad_test.jpg' (56 KB)

Preview of image 'rad_test.jpg'