POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Silicon Gathering : Re: Silicon Gathering Server Time
5 Oct 2024 03:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Silicon Gathering
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 25 Jan 1999 17:10:22
Message: <36ace185.5118978@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 25 Jan 1999 15:07:55 -0500, "Jim Kress" <jim### [at] dccmailcom>
wrote:

>Gee, I was hoping for some kind of comments even if they're bad.  Is this
>reasonable work?  Does the community find it interesting? What could I do to
>make it better? Am I wasting my time and wasting news group storage space?
>
>?
Jim,
I think your image is great!  I like the shape, the texture and the
setting.  I guessed it must represent some sort of force field around
silicon atoms, but as an abstract it still has something going for it.
One question, should the two small mid-scene negative blobs be
detached quite so far? And is it possible to have an asymmetrical
collection of silicon atoms?  After looking at it for a while, the
absolute symmetry is rather disturbing.
David
dav### [at] cwcomnet
http://www.hamiltonite.mcmail.com