POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Silicon Gathering : Re: Silicon Gathering Server Time
5 Oct 2024 03:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Silicon Gathering
From: Jim Kress
Date: 25 Jan 1999 16:02:51
Message: <36acdbfb.0@news.povray.org>
What is depicted in the foreground is the electrostatic potential field
around a 15 member cluster of Silicon atoms (blue is a negatively charged
region, red is positive).  Given today's increasing emphasis on 'organic'
shapes for spacecraft (a la Babylon 5) It struck me that this view of the
silicon cluster would be representative of that and, if depicted against a
starfield background (actually a photo), it could be viewed as one element
of a gathering of silicate life forms in their starships.

Weird, eh?

--
Jim