POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: A box with no lights. : Re: A box with no lights. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:36:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A box with no lights.
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 24 Jan 1999 13:23:00
Message: <36ab6504.0@news.povray.org>
Actually, I soon realized that I had more or less described blurry
reflections already incorporated into Wyzard's patch and the Suprpatch;
using standard radiosity and a little bit of very blurry reflectiveness
_might_ give the desired effect. I'll experiment with this.
Yes, it's slow, but the method you describe would still require a high
number of sample points to give a fairly accurate representation of the
normal map.
Incorporating diffuse and specular properties into radiosity calculations
would still be useful, of course.

Margus.