POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Florescent Lighting : Re: Florescent Lighting Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Florescent Lighting
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 22 Jan 1999 08:05:40
Message: <36a877a4.0@news.povray.org>
Rocco Pochy schrieb in Nachricht <36A7E58F.1F2907BB@ix.netcom.com>...

>I am trying to render a white room with the standard
>office ceiling light fixtures (those periodically spaced
>out light boxes embedded in the ceiling tiles). I have
>tried to put in area lights and/or point lights to simulate
>the light source in the boxes, but I end up with an extremely
>bright cast on the floor yet the ceiling is a very dark grey.
>(the walls look okay <smile>)...
>
>Has anyone accomplished this in a realistic implementation?
>I would appreciate any pointers to an example of this and
>how it was accomplished...

Ken answered this question very well. But also have a look at the thread "A
box wih no lights" in povray.binaries.images. It shows very well, what you
could improve using radiosity. Also look at the pics at Warps home page
about radiosity: http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/pics/Radiosity_test/

I think for the effects you want, radiosity is what you need.