POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Macro help, please... : Re: Macro help, please... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 04:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macro help, please...
From: Ron Parker
Date: 21 Jan 1999 15:52:03
Message: <36a79373.0@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 21 Jan 1999 13:13:01 -0500, Patrick Hagerty <pat### [at] hagwarecom> wrote:
>What I'm trying to do is calculate a color value [I'm using different
>macros for fRed(), fGreen() and fBlue()] based upon a rotation value
>(passed as xValue).  I'm using the macros in a statement like this:
>
>    "color [rgb<fRed(xAngle), fGreen(xAngle), fBlue(xAngle)>]"
>
>Any suggestions anyone can make would be greatly appreciated.

I tried the implementation of TestMacro that you posted, and I
can use it without problems in the following code:

#declare xangle=11;
#declare yangle=5;
#declare zangle=20;

sphere {0,1
  texture {
    pigment {
      gradient y
      color_map {
        [0 rgb <TestMacro(xangle),TestMacro(yangle),TestMacro(zangle)>]
        [1 rgb 1]
      }
    }
  }
}

Perhaps you could post the exact code of one of your macros, or
tell us what error you're getting.