POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : identify 3.1 vs 3.1a? : Re: identify 3.1 vs 3.1a? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: identify 3.1 vs 3.1a?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 20 Jan 1999 09:13:45
Message: <36a5e499.0@news.povray.org>
In article <36A527E9.DAB0CE14@pipeline.com> , Daren Scot Wilson <dar### [at] pipelinecom>
 wrote:

>Sometime, in the course of hunting down bugs and making patches, esp. if
>i'm working on other people's code,   I can't tell if i'm using source
>for 3.1 or 3.1a.   Anyone know a simple way to tell?   (Assuming an
>incomplete set of source, no access to the version number in optout.h)

Yes, get the most recent source code and look into the file chnges.doc. All changes
are listed there. Then simply look into your source code if these changes are there
or not.  If you use a IDE you may also consider doing complete comparison of the
differences in each file (OK, you can use diff as well...).   Aslo the file
modification dates and times might help!

     Thorsten