POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Font problem : Re: Font problem Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Font problem
From: Ken
Date: 29 Mar 1999 08:13:12
Message: <36FF5F41.92D2B39@pacbell.net>
I Chuprov wrote:

> I have a font with only a number of characters defined.
> There's a character defined at 246.  Now I want to use this character in the
> text, but instead I get this rectangle shape.  I loaded the font up in character
> map, and it is there.
> How can I make pov-ray recognise this character, as it says that there is no
> character 246?
>
> Igor
> --
> Hinki's Place
> http://hinki.8m.com/
> Wild Planet
> http://wildplanet.8m.com/
> Fractalography
> http://fractalography.8m.com/

  Currently there is no way to display this character. The windows
version of Pov has a problem displaying many of the special character
sets . I think it has something to do with unicode whatever that is.
You could try using an external program to generate the font object
for you. There is a program called Elefont that is compatible with
Pov. Check it out at:

http://www.armanisoft.ch/

--
Ken Tyler