POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Checker Lanscape : Re: Checker Lanscape Server Time
4 Oct 2024 13:12:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Checker Lanscape
From: gemelli david
Date: 29 Mar 1999 03:33:51
Message: <36FF3A5A.5DA6B221@imerir.asso.fr>
I'm curious too ! How did you generate the heights ? For the landscape include file I
did,
I'm using a "Perlin noise"-like method and added the option of declaring control
points but I
am not very pleased by the result.
For the water, do you make like the water_level ? I was looking for a way to add water

where I want and at the height I want but I didn't find it. So, I made it ! The
problem is to
calculate the height of a point on a 3D triangle. The method I'm using is not very
efficient, have
you got such a function in your generator ?

If you want to see an example, look at the image "Height-field and smooth
triangles".16/3/99

Again, excellent result !

            David GEMELLI