POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mangrove? : Re: Mangrove? Server Time
4 Oct 2024 11:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mangrove?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 28 Mar 1999 21:10:44
Message: <36FEE0D5.ABEE9FD0@aol.com>
Looks a bit like the mangrove trees I used to see when living in FL.
I was thinking they had darker leaves similar to rhodadendron except
maybe smaller (than those largeish rhodadendren types). Depends, and I'm
speaking in general, very generally. Been too long ago to know, so I
tried looking them up, haven't seen a picture yet though. Several
varieties anyway. The left-most one looks real good. The roots seem to
get a bit thin though. They stay pretty thick down to the mud for the
most part, but I'm just trying to be a critique, looks neat, and
different. One thing I should mention is the seedlings in mangroves that
hang with their thin roots dangling from the branches until they fall
into the water to grow apart from the parent tree (I'm quoting from
encyclopedia, but I remember seeing that).

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe