POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Q: Photon Patch - Other Features : Q: Photon Patch - Other Features Server Time
3 Sep 2024 00:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Q: Photon Patch - Other Features
From: Ken
Date: 28 Mar 1999 06:34:56
Message: <36FE12D1.E2B5C1FA@pacbell.net>
I don't get it !

1.) image_pattern ?

  There is a new pattern type included with the Photon Patch of Pov-Ray
called "image_pattern". What is the purpose of this addition. I looked
at the example given at Nathan's patch site and read the description
but I am not following the reason for it's existence and when it is
appropriate to use it. I had no problem recreating the example image
shown at the site with existing texture and pigment procedures.

2.) U_V Mapping

Concerning the u_v mapping function in the patch. I tried using it with
a mesh based model and had less than successful results. Could someone
explain a little more on the process involved in it's implementation
and usage. I understand well how it works with bicubic patches as that
is well documented and I have read the posts here on the topic. As applied
to a large mesh object on the other hand all I am getting is a solid
colored pigment effect rather than the image hugging the mesh object
as expected. Anyone ?

  And thank you for your continued support !

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net