POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Freaky Photons : Re: Freaky Photons Server Time
4 Oct 2024 13:09:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Freaky Photons
From: Ken
Date: 27 Mar 1999 15:16:47
Message: <36FD3BB0.749AFB20@pacbell.net>
Ken wrote:

> This image shows what can happen if you use colored spotlights with
> the Photon patch. If you look to the right of the image you will see
> two streaks coming from the upright column to the base of the horse
> heads. There are no physical objects there. The spotlights have become
> visible light sources. A first in pov ?
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

er, um well you see it's was like this officer.

  In the interest of fair play and not wanting to start a run on
bad feelings for the photon patch I am publicaly retracting my
earlier statement that stated the spotlights caused the visible
streaks.

 I was wrong.

 They are caused by me using a plane to clip the bottoms off of a
patch object which is supposedly not allowed in pov anyway. When I
developed the scene originaly it was with the official version which
allowed me my indiscretions. The photon patch caught me redhanded
in my attemted run around the rules and nailed me. After bounding the
cgg operation the ill begotten streaks are gone and all is well again
with me, my scene, and the photon patch.
  Anyway I hape you liked the preview of what was to be a somewhat
laughable change from some of my other more serious endeavors. To
bad you didn't get to see it in a better form than this but that's
the breaks for me I guess.