POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tree macro sample picture(85K) : Re: Tree macro examples (6 jpg, 110k total) + leafless trees Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:22:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tree macro examples (6 jpg, 110k total) + leafless trees
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 27 Mar 1999 10:35:54
Message: <36FCFB4F.699AE5F8@inapg.inra.fr>
Hello !

Ph Gibone wrote:

> Hi Gilles
>
> 2) I didn't download your macro yet, so my question may be stupid : can you
> create trees without any leaf ?

You can do leafless trees : see below the leafless version of extree1 and 2.
Just set the "leafproba" parameter to 0 (means 0 probability to have leaves).

> 3) Your extree5 looks very much like a tree that (I believe) you can find
> only in the Island od CURACAO in the netherland antilles : do you know this
> island, this tree or ...

I fear I don't... Just an happy chance I guess. In fact, the generated trees are
totally imaginary, and it may be quite difficult to replicate real tree
structures... This would require a complete model of tree growth & structure,
such as the one as these people have : http://iris8.cirad.fr/index.htm

Gilles Tran

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'extree1b.jpg' (16 KB) Download 'extree2b.jpg' (16 KB)

Preview of image 'extree1b.jpg'
extree1b.jpg

Preview of image 'extree2b.jpg'
extree2b.jpg