POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My contribution to watch collection [83k] : Re: My contribution to watch collection [83k] Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:13:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My contribution to watch collection [83k]
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 26 Mar 1999 12:53:19
Message: <36FBC9F5.BA6D61CF@fv.aetec.ee>
Vahur Krouverk wrote:

> Hello!

Hello again!
Sorry to bother You with my watch again but I'll promise, that this is
last time, when I'll post this bungling. I've tried and tried to make it
look better, but as they say: "No way, Jose"; finally I felt, that I
have to stop rendering and say: "I've done this 6 days, now it's ready,
let's have a rest!"

Hopefully this one looks better than first posting. I've remodeled some
parts (e.g. replaced Times New Roman numbers) and used picture maps
(created in Rhino) for faces in order to reduce mesh size. I tried to
create scratches on the glass with layered textures but this approach
required too long rendering time: my guessimation for rendering time
ended up in somewhere 5 days, so I dropped this idea and just used
standard glass texture.
Of course, there is room for improvement, but I'll probably mark this
project as "finished", for I'm quite tired of it. Now I hope that I can
mess something up for next IRTC round though this hope is probably too
hopeful.

Stats: parse time 1 minute 16 seconds, trace 1 hour 18 minutes.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'watch1.jpg' (69 KB)

Preview of image 'watch1.jpg'