POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dali-esque V2 (AA + an idea) : Re: Dali-esque V2 (AA an idea) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 13:10:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dali-esque V2 (AA an idea)
From: Steve
Date: 25 Mar 1999 19:06:41
Message: <36FACD7B.7D113FE4@ndirect.co.uk>
I really like the picture, and the other versions that you have posted,
but in the words of an old DJ who used to play alternative music before
alternative music was popular, "if it needs explaining it's no good".

I think that the point is that any piece of work (art) should be able to
stand alone.  It's debatable whether or not the title is part of the
piece or has been put there to describe the piece to people who wouldn't
understand it.  This becomes a circular argument, as one wants their
work to be accessible and appreciated by as many people as possible, and
some would look or listen and not see or hear what it was that the
artist was trying to say, so, when should one give the audience a gentle
push in the right direction?

Steve