POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : problem with duplicating objects : Re: problem with duplicating objects Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:12:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem with duplicating objects
From: Scott McDonald
Date: 24 Mar 1999 22:21:54
Message: <36F9AC21.876C65FF@metrolink.com>
Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:

> Hi Scott McDonald, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > Hi, I'm using the most current build of Moray 3.1 (downloaded today) and
> > I'm having a problem when I duplicate an object - the duplicate goes to
> > 0,0,0 and resets the scale and everything else.
> How exactly are you duplicating it?

pressing 'CTRL-D' and leaving the default values - no translation, no
scaling, etc.  This is very peculiar because it only happens on
occasional objects (a trans-sweep in this case) and I can't figure out
any similarities between objects that copy correctly and ones that
don't.   I may be checking off something that I shouldn't be somewhere,
but the same values in the duplicate dialog work correctly on other
objects.