POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another photon mapping test scene... : Re: Another photon mapping test scene... Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another photon mapping test scene...
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 22 Mar 1999 20:42:38
Message: <36F6F188.DFF45624@aol.com>
What may be throwing me a curve about it, I happened to think, is that
real world objects are seldom perfect. This means there would usually be
more concentrated caustics as well as more diffuse showing up side by
side on the floor under the spheres (and bet you knew that already).
Perhaps a tiny amount of some slightly turbulent spherical normal would
suffice.
I hate to suggest things all the time but I've been posting here at the
newsgroups so long I tend to throw any remarks in. And now I'm noticing
that :)

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe