POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : TreeDesigner question : Re: Lsystems and treedesinger [Was:TreeDesigner question] Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:11:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lsystems and treedesinger [Was:TreeDesigner question]
From: Alex Magidow
Date: 22 Mar 1999 17:33:36
Message: <36F6C515.DA1E3AA5@mninter.net>
You see, the power of Lsystems is that you can make fabulous trees, in just a
little bit of programming(19000 objects with 7 lines!). I personally am a very
visual person, but for some reason I find your approach to lsystems confusing.
The advantage of your program is the great export, and the leaves(Of, how nice
it would be to have leaves on my trees! No more winter scenes!) So, a good meld
of the two-Lparser and Treedesigner would be great.

PS- Its not just the format of your lsystems that I have a problem with- its the
weird l-rotation and that stuff- in lparser, you just have ^&+-. Forward, back,
right, left. Very simple. To rotate around the axis, you have < and >. To create
a string, you just do something like: A=+F+F+F+F-F. From then on, you can have A
represent that object, anywhere in your picture.

--
Only I can prevent narcissism!