POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Photon patch : Re: Photon patch Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon patch
From: Chris Maryan
Date: 22 Mar 1999 16:52:13
Message: <36F6BB9D.BF895E35@geocities.com>
Markus Becker wrote:

> Chris Maryan wrote:
> >
> > Remember those original overdrive chips that turned a 486-66 to a
> > pentium-83. I have one of those and 32MB RAM. Overnight for you means
> > three days for me. Maybe I'll take a shot at doing something simple like
> > a mirrored ball on a checkered plane :-)
>
> Maybe you should spare some of your ray-tracing time and
> try and make some money (you know, get some work and so in
> the real world). A decently fast computer isn't _that_
> expensive anymore.

Actually I'm working towards that (yes I do have a job in the real
world). However, since I'm going to university in September, I don't
intend to get a computer until August just so I can get those few more
precious months before the new computer becomes obsolete:-)

--
Chris Maryan
mailto:cma### [at] geocitiescom