POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Question about the photon patch : Re: Question about the photon patch Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about the photon patch
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 21 Mar 1999 16:10:07
Message: <36F55FD1.58FE0301@Kopp.com>
Check
 a) max_trace_level... more surfaces to go through (this should be OK,
      though)
 b) autostop angle.  If autostop is zero and the first few photons go through
      the hole in the middle, it will stop right there.  setting autostop
      to a higher angle forces the patch to keep going in the spiral pattern
      until at least the autostop angle is reached (try 45 degrees).
      You'll know if autostop is the problem if the "Building photon
      maps..." step takes almost no time.

Are there no photons (black shadow) or just no highlight (normal looking
shadow)?

-Nathan