POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dance of the Phuton Fairies : Re: Dance of the Phuton Fairies Server Time
4 Oct 2024 13:11:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dance of the Phuton Fairies
From: Ken
Date: 21 Mar 1999 14:07:21
Message: <36F54287.66F15627@pacbell.net>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> May I ask how you got the seemingly out-of-focus light reflections and
> yet the disco ball itself is not fuzzy?
> Congrats btw, looks like it worked.

  The reflection are cast onto a wall that has an ambient 0.1 and a
diffuse of 1.0. The out of focus spots are probably due to the off
angle reflections from the location of the spot lights and diffused
light scattering from the surface finish. I had a hard time getting
the lights into position without having Pov's spotlights to work with
and they really did not have as tight a beam angle as I would have
prefered to make it more realistic. The faces of the globe could
have been a little sharper as well but I hate disco balls by their
association and this is the first and last connection you will ever
see between me and them.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net